- Plural of mate.
- (in the phrase be mates with) Friendly; having a friendship (with).
- Form of Second-person singular present subjunctive, mater#French|mater
Nounmates f plural
- maths (study)
Mate may refer to:
- Mate (colloquialism), a colloquialism used to refer to a friend and is commonly used in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Ireland.
- Mate, one of a pair of animals involved in mating
- A deck officer aboard a merchant ship, such as the Chief Mate, Second Mate, or Third Mate
- Mate (beverage), the popular caffeinated beverage made from Yerba mate
- Mahte, a goddess in Latvian mythology, also spelled "Māte"
- Mate was a commissioned rank between 1840 and 1860, what is now called a Sub-Lieutenant.
- The Marine Academy of Technology and Environmental Sciences, a specialized high school in Manahawkin, NJ
- Mate also commonly referred to as something of a gilly form
- Checkmate, a situation in chess
- Mate of Origin, a rugby based competition played in New Zealand
- Mate Tusanga, a non-profit online mathematical tool
- Sébastien Mate, French footballer
- Vasiliy Mate (1856–1917), Russian artist and engraver
- Mate Recordings, a record label
- Martial Arts, MATE - Martial Arts Technique Expert
mates in German: Mate (Begriffsklärung)